Thorough, efficient legal services
Carrying Out Final Wishes

August 2016 Archives

Administering an intestate estate

If you are the spouse, adult child or other relative of a person who died without leaving a will, you could wind up applying to the court to administer that person's estate. If the decedent dies intestate and has no spouse, parent or children to handle these duties, or if those relatives are not willing or able to execute the duties, the court could wind up appointing you if you had a close relationship with the person during his or her lifetime.

Dealing with disgruntled heirs

If you are handling the probate process as an estate administrator, one challenge you may encounter are disappointed beneficiaries. There can be many reasons for their disappointment, and few of them will likely be because of decisions that you make.

Can I administer my mom's estate without killing my siblings?

If you are the administrator of your parent's estate and you have at least one sibling, chances are good that you have first-hand experience with frustration. There's something about parental inheritance that turns otherwise pleasantly civil siblings into the snarling and scrapping toddlers they once were.

Marie-Louise Fast Marie-Louise Fast Lawyer & Notary Lawyer Profile

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Keep In Touch

Fast & Company Law Firm
5080-8171 Ackroyd Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3K1

Phone: 604-273-6424
Fax: 604-273-2290
Richmond Law Office Map

Map & Directions